1.Butterfly Cracked Wheat Salad
- 1 big sized green capsicum
- 1 big red capsicum
- 2 cups Butterfly cracked wheat (dalia)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup Butterfly chick peas (kabuli chana/ Garbanzo), soaked and boiled
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Soak the dalia in hot water for 20 minutes and drain. Ensure they are soft and fully cooked.
- Apply ½ tbsp. of oil evenly over the green and red capsicum. Pierce each of them with a fork and roast them over a medium flame till they turn black.
- Immerse them in water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and chop into 25 mm. (1”) cubes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, including the capsicum cubes in a bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
2.Butterfly Cracked Wheat Vegetable Delight (Pressure Cooker)
- 3/4 cup Butterfly cracked wheat
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 1/4 cups chopped mixed vegetables (cauliflower, potatoes, french beans, carrot, Butterfly dried green peas (matar).
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt to taste
For The Garnish
2 tbsp. finely chopped coriander
- Clean and wash the Butterfly cracked wheat thoroughly in enough water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste, onions, green chilies mixed vegetables, broken wheat, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and 2½ cups of hot water mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.