Page 2 of 4
- Put onion, garlic, green chillies and coriander leaves along with 90 ml water in a mixer and grind to a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the Butterfly Gram flour, coriander powder, cummin powder, garam masala powder, chili powder, salt and soda bicarbonate well. Add the ground masala paste and mix thoroughly.
- Add the remaining water and mix well to form a thick paste.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and gently mix into the paste until the pieces are fully coated.
- Heat oil in a kadai over medium heat. And using a tablespoon, drop one piece of the masala-coated chicken at a time into the hot oil.
- Fry the pakoras on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or till done on both sides.
- Remove with a perforated spoon and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
2.Butterfly Gram flour Maru Bhajia
Serves: 2 as a snack