Page 2 of 3
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat first 4 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles begin to form around edge (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in figs and dates. Let stand 20 minutes or until fruit softens.
- In a bowl, Mix sugar, oil, and eggs; stir with a whisk until well blended. Stir in cooled milk mixture.
- Lightly put flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Add milk mixture to batter, stirring just until moist.
- Pour the batter into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 2 cups Butterfly Home Baking Flour