1.Fig, Date, and Walnut Quick Bread
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Butterfly Premium Atta
- 3/4 cup Butterfly Home Baking flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat first 4 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles begin to form around edge (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in figs and dates. Let stand 20 minutes or until fruit softens.
- In a bowl, Mix sugar, oil, and eggs; stir with a whisk until well blended. Stir in cooled milk mixture.
- Lightly put flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Add milk mixture to batter, stirring just until moist.
- Pour the batter into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 2 cups Butterfly Home Baking Flour
- 1-½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1-½ tsp. Butter
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- ½ cups Milk
- ½ cups Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- In a bowl, mix the Butterfly Home Baking flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Put in butter, and then add sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg and milk, then add it to the dry mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a sauce pan or skillet.
- Mix the dough until all is incorporated. Roll it out and cut it into small circles or triangles and put it into the hot oil. Flip halfway through and fry until deep golden.
- Transfer them to a paper-towel-covered plate to drain the excess oil and sprinkle with sugar while they are still hot.