Page 4 of 6
- 1 onion
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely choppe
- 2.5cm ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash the Butterfly white cow peas and Butterfly red kidney beans separately. Soak them separately overnight in plenty of water.
- Wash and soak the Butterfly green grams for about two hours. Boil them separately in salted water till soft. Drain and cool, String the French beans and cut into one cm long pieces
- Boil in salted boiling water till done, Drain immediately and refresh with cold water. Drain and keep aside.
- Peel and cut onion into one cm cubes.
- To make the dressing, dilute the lemon juice with equal amount of water. Stir in the coriander and mint leaves, green chillies, and ginger and chaat masala.
- Shake well and refrigerate the dressing for at least an hour. Mix all the cooked Butterfly beans, diced onion and add the dressing.
- Toss the salad to evenly mix the dressing.