1. Coconut Chickpea Curry
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked Butterfly chickpeas( Kabuli chana/Garbanzo)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- 2 cups Butterfly rice, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant and softened.
- Add in Butterfly chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, cumin, salt and coriander. Stir together. Turn heat up to medium-high and simmer, stirring frequently, until broth has cooked down some and thickened a bit, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place hot, cooked rice on plates and ladle curry over the top. Sprinkle with a bit of cilantro and serve.
2. Mutton stew cooked with butterfly lentils
- 250 gms mutton
- 1 cup Butterfly Premium Atta (Flour)
- 1/4 cup Butterfly Yellow gram split (channa dal)
- 1/4 cup Butterfly green gram split (mung dal split)
- 1/4 cup Butterfly red lentils (masoor dal)
- Salt, coriander powder and chilli powder as per taste
- Ginger garlic paste.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole, add the lamb and cook for a few mins until browned all over.
- Soak the Butterfly channa dal and Butterfly mung dal for 40 minutes.
- Put eight cups of water in a vessel and bring it to boil.
- Add the Butterfly Premium Atta, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder and chili powder and salt .
- Mash the mutton pieces and add it to the mixture.
3. Butterfly Beans Salad
- ¼ cup Butterfly white cow peas (chora/black eyed beans)
- ¼ cup Butterfly red kidney beans (rajma)
- ¼ cup Butterfly green grams (mung)
- 100 g French beans
- 1 onion
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely choppe
- 2.5cm ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash the Butterfly white cow peas and Butterfly red kidney beans separately. Soak them separately overnight in plenty of water.
- Wash and soak the Butterfly green grams for about two hours. Boil them separately in salted water till soft. Drain and cool, String the French beans and cut into one cm long pieces
- Boil in salted boiling water till done, Drain immediately and refresh with cold water. Drain and keep aside.
- Peel and cut onion into one cm cubes.
- To make the dressing, dilute the lemon juice with equal amount of water. Stir in the coriander and mint leaves, green chillies, and ginger and chaat masala.
- Shake well and refrigerate the dressing for at least an hour. Mix all the cooked Butterfly beans, diced onion and add the dressing.
- Toss the salad to evenly mix the dressing.
4.Butterfly Red LENTILS AND SPINACH SOUP
- 3/4 cup Butterfly red lentils (masoor dal) , washed and drained
- 1 cup chopped spinach (palak)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Combine the garlic and onions in a pressure cooker and dry roast on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, Butterfly masoor dal along with 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée to a deep pan, add the milk and chili powder, spinach, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil
- Cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with whole wheat bread sticks.