Page 2 of 4
- In a large pot Cook the Roma Pasta Conchiglie, adding salt. Set aside at least 1/2 cup / 120ml pasta water. Then drain pasta and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large skillet until hot. Add most of the green onions, all of the garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onions soften, and the garlic begins to take on some color, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Use a hand blender or food processor to puree the green onion mixture along with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, zest of the lemon, half the lemon juice, and the reserved pasta water. Puree and taste. The green onion flavor should be assertive. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Combine the Cooked Roma Pasta Conchiglie with the green onion sauce in a large bowl. Toss well. Add the arugula and most of the apple and toss again. Taste, and add more pepper, salt, or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve topped with the remaining apple and green onion.
2.Roma Penne with Spinach Pesto
Serves: 1-2 as main course