Page 3 of 4
- 200 grams Roma Penne pasta
- 1/2 medium Spinach blanched
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 2-3Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp Mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- 100 grams Processed cheese grated
- 2 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot Cook the Roma Penne pasta adding salt. Set aside at least 1/2 cup / 120ml pasta water. Then drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Cut tomatoes into big cubes and add to the pan, toss well and cook till the tomatoes are soft. Switch off the heat, transfer the tomatoes into a plate and set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop spinach and put into a mixer jar, add garlic cloves and grind well. Add peanuts and extra virgin olive oil and grind to make a smooth spinach pesto.
- Heat the same non-stick pan, add Roma Penne pasta (boiled), spinach pesto and salt and mix well. Add mixed dried herbs and fresh cream and mix well. Add grated cheese and mix well. Add black pepper powder and mix well. Add cooked tomatoes, reserving some, and mix well and cook for a minute.