1. Roma Spiralli salad
- 1 pound Roma Spiralli.
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- Fine grain sea salt
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 big handfuls arugula
- 1 large apple, diced
- In a large pot Cook the Roma Pasta Conchiglie, adding salt. Set aside at least 1/2 cup / 120ml pasta water. Then drain pasta and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large skillet until hot. Add most of the green onions, all of the garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onions soften, and the garlic begins to take on some color, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Use a hand blender or food processor to puree the green onion mixture along with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, zest of the lemon, half the lemon juice, and the reserved pasta water. Puree and taste. The green onion flavor should be assertive. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Combine the Cooked Roma Pasta Conchiglie with the green onion sauce in a large bowl. Toss well. Add the arugula and most of the apple and toss again. Taste, and add more pepper, salt, or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve topped with the remaining apple and green onion.
2.Roma Penne with Spinach Pesto
Serves: 1-2 as main course
- 200 grams Roma Penne pasta
- 1/2 medium Spinach blanched
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 2-3Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp Mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- 100 grams Processed cheese grated
- 2 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot Cook the Roma Penne pasta adding salt. Set aside at least 1/2 cup / 120ml pasta water. Then drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Cut tomatoes into big cubes and add to the pan, toss well and cook till the tomatoes are soft. Switch off the heat, transfer the tomatoes into a plate and set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop spinach and put into a mixer jar, add garlic cloves and grind well. Add peanuts and extra virgin olive oil and grind to make a smooth spinach pesto.
- Heat the same non-stick pan, add Roma Penne pasta (boiled), spinach pesto and salt and mix well. Add mixed dried herbs and fresh cream and mix well. Add grated cheese and mix well. Add black pepper powder and mix well. Add cooked tomatoes, reserving some, and mix well and cook for a minute.
5. Transfer onto a serving platter, garnish with reserved cooked tomatoes
and drizzle leftover olive oil from the cooked tomatoes and serve