Page 2 of 3
2. Butterfly Cheese Popcorn
- 1/2 cup Butterfly popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp. garlic flavored or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. melted butter, optional
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast or brewer’s yeast (found at health food stores, adds a cheese-like flavor without the calories or fat)
- 1 tsp. curry powder, optional
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot (with a lid), place oil and about 3 Butterfly popcorn kernels.
- Heat over medium-high heat until a kernel pops. Add remaining popcorn; cover.
- Once corn begins to pop, shake pot constantly over heat.
- When popping slows, remove pot from heat and transfer popcorn to a serving bowl.
- Pour butter over popcorn, if desired, and toss.