Page 3 of 3
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds salt to taste
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 3 onions-finely chopped
- 3 tsp. cashew nuts-roasted & broken oil
- Mix the Butterfly rice flour and Butterfly Semolina with some water and mix till it’s a smooth batter.
- Add the asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt.
- Cover and keep it in a warm place for a few hours to ferment.
- Mix the chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, cashew nuts and black pepper in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat a flat pan and grease it with a spoon of oil. Add some water in the batter and make it into a thin batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter in center of the pan and quickly spread with outward spiral motion to form a thin pancake of about 8 inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle some onion-green chilli mixture on top of it. Dot the edges with little oil and cook until golden brown.
- Using a spatula carefully fold the dosa and remove from the pan.
- Serve hot with chutneys or sambhar