1.Butterfly Semolina (Sooji) and Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 kg Butterfly Semolina (Sooji/rava)
- 1/2 kg sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Grind the coconuts to a paste. Cook the sugar and water to a syrup consistency.
- Add the coconut mixture into the sugar syrup, stir well.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and keep aside to cool.
- Then add egg yolks and mix well.
5. Add Butterfly semolina and essence and mix well
6. Place large spoonfuls in patty tins or muffin cups and bake at 350
degrees for 30 minutes.
7. The top will be golden brown in color
8. Cool and store in an airtight jar.
2.Butterfly Semolina (Sooji/Rava) dosa
Makes: 10 Dosas
Rava dosa is a very tasty and crispy semolina crepe/ pancakes
- 1 cup Butterfly Semolina (Sooji/rava)
- 1 cup Butterfly rice flour
- 3 green chillies-chopped
- 1/2 inch finely grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds salt to taste
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 3 onions-finely chopped
- 3 tsp. cashew nuts-roasted & broken oil
- Mix the Butterfly rice flour and Butterfly Semolina with some water and mix till it’s a smooth batter.
- Add the asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt.
- Cover and keep it in a warm place for a few hours to ferment.
- Mix the chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, cashew nuts and black pepper in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat a flat pan and grease it with a spoon of oil. Add some water in the batter and make it into a thin batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter in center of the pan and quickly spread with outward spiral motion to form a thin pancake of about 8 inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle some onion-green chilli mixture on top of it. Dot the edges with little oil and cook until golden brown.
- Using a spatula carefully fold the dosa and remove from the pan.
- Serve hot with chutneys or sambhar