1.Butterfly Vermicelli (Sevia) Upma
- 1 cup Butterfly Vermicelli (Sevia)
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Butterfly Channa Daal (Yellow gram split)
- 2 tbsp. Raw Peanuts
- 1 tsp. Butterfly Urad Daal (Black gram split)
- 1 tbsp. Cashews
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- Curry Leaves - Few
- 1 small, finely chopped Onion
- Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
- 1 tsp, grated Ginger
- 1/2 cup Carrots & Peas
- 1.5 cups Water
- Cilantro/Coriander Leaves – for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp. of the Oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the Oil is hot, roast the Butterfly Vermicelli till it turns light golden. Stir continuously.
- Once done, remove to another pan to stop the cooking process. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining Oil and heat on medium heat.
- Once hot, add in Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
- Add in Butterfly Channa Daal and Peanuts and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the Butterfly Urad Daal and the Broken Cashew. Cook till they turn to a light golden color.
- Add in the Turmeric Powder & Asafoetida. Mix well.
- Add in the Curry Leaves and allow them to cook for 10-15 seconds.
- Add in the Onions, Carrots & Peas, Green Chillies and Ginger.
- Cook till the Onions turn translucent.
- Add in Salt and Water.
- Cover the pan and allow the Water to come to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, open cover and add in the roasted Butterfly Vermicelli (Sevia).
- Give it a really good mix, lower heat, cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, turn the flame off and allow it to sit covered for another 5 minutes.
- Open, fluff gently, garnish with Cilantro and serve hot.