- 250 grams butterfly Black Beans (Njahi)
- 1 Large Onion
- 20 grams Garlic Paste
- 20 grams Ginger Paste
- 2 Tomatoes (Diced)
- 50 grams Fresh Coriander leaves ( 1 small bundle)
- 2 teaspoons Roasted Cumin Seeds*
- 1 teaspoons Indian Mixed Spices
- Salt to taste
- Soak your Butterfly black beans (Njahi) overnight for easy boiling.
- Boil the butterfly black beans (Njahi) until 75% done.
- Add some cooking oil to a hot pan.
- Add the diced onions, garlic paste, sauté a little then add the ginger paste and chilli, stir until the onions are soft.
- Add the diced tomatoes and allow to simmer for a few minutes
- Add salt to taste, roasted cumin seeds and the Indian mixed spices, stir and let Njahi to cook until done. Add little water as required.
- Garnish with Chopped Coriander
You can add green chilli as per your taste.
*you can roast cumin seeds to light brown at flat pan and remove quickly in bowl