250-300 grams of Green Lentils or brown Lentils
1 Large Onion
20 grams Garlic powder
11/2 tablespoon olive oil or any other cooking oil
2 cloves of Garlic- minced
½ tablespoon paprika
20 grams freshy grated Ginger
½ table spoon black pepper(optional)
2 Tomatoes (Diced)
50 grams Fresh Coriander leaves ( 1 small bundle)
1 tablespoon Roasted Cumin Seeds
1 tablespoon mixed Chilli
Salt to taste
- Boil Butterfly Green Lentils (Masoor) until 75% cooked.
- In a separate pot, add the olive oil and heat for a few minutes under medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft.
- Add the Diced Tomatoes, crushed garlic, ginger and other spices and allow to cook for a few minutes and stir continuously.
- Add your boiled Butterfly Green Lentils and the remaining ingredients and allow to boil for a few minutes. Turn the heat down and simmer for a couple of minutes to harmonize the ingredients.
- Turn the heat off, allow to cool and transfer the soup to a blender and blend until you achieve your desired texture. Return the soup into the pot and heat for a few minutes. At this point, you can add some water if you prefer thin soup.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if need be.
- Garnish with Chopped Coriander and serve when hot.
You can add green chilli as per your taste.